Sunday, June 19, 2011

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Summary: A special force soldier and his partner get a chance to join an elite company that is on the borderline of fiction. In his quest to stop the evil forces that want to destroy the world to sell more arms, the past of all the characters are revealed in flashbacks and their motivations set forth.

Review: I thought the sound effects were amazing, but the storyline fit as well. It wasn't a fantastic film, but it sure did take my mind off of the real world and entertained for its duration. It was a fantasy film, and you'll enjoy it if you don't think too deeply about it. Channing Tatum was decent in his role. Dennis Quaid played a supporting general well. Joseph Gordon-Levitt really didn't have much of a role other than a villian hiding behind a mask and deep voice. Lee Byung-hun played an evil ninja well. Sienna Miller and Rachel Nichols were nice eye candy to the film. The acting overall wasn't superb, but I thought this was definitely one of those movies more about action.

Further Question/Philosophy/Theme: I'm not going to try to think too much about this and over-analyze it..

Power Rating (Out of 5): 3 I enjoyed the effects of the theme and didn't rate it as badly as some other critics. It was an action film and the sound effects were great. I read that it butchered the original from the comics, but I've never read the comics, therefore the story was refreshing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment