Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fair Game

Summary: The movie is a docu-mockery of the Valerie Plame Affair: the outing of an American CIA agent because of politics. I say it's a docu-mockery because I highly doubt some of the scenes were real and if they are, they should be classified. It is an good introduction to the story that most will probably never have heard of or will forget in time.

Review: I think it was filmed well and had some great moments with intriguing foreigners, but I wasn't fully sold on the movie as a great film that would win multiple awards.

Further Question/Philosophy/Theme: Patriotism, life's pyramid; Are there any good reasons to fight a war?

Power Rating (Out of 5): 3 It didn't capture my mind as much, but Sean Penn and Naomi Watts did give a good performance. I didn't think the film was as dramatic as I thought it would have been, but I didn't know the story as well. I don't think the full story will ever be known, and I think a bunch of scenes from the movie were complete fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment