Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Hate Luv Storys

Summary: Cliche love story with a man who believes himself to be a player, but falls in love with a girl who is in love with the idea of love. The problem is she is already engaged and they started out hating each other until they develop a friendship and much more.

Review: I hate that I enjoyed this movie. It is seriously making me question my taste in movies as a straight male as I really do enjoy Bollywood films. I'm not a fan of musicals, but I would characterize a large part of Bollywood films in its random "musical" moments. It intrigues me that they're often in "Hinglish," and forces me to pay attention rather than just multi-task in other windows as I have to read the subtitles most of the time. I also noticed that many Bollywood films love to make movies about making movies such as this one and Bluffmaster.

Further Question/Philosophy/Theme: This movie wasn't overtly deep, and it was a bit of a cliche from almost every angle so I'll refrain from this section. I did like the not so subtlety of its use of the idea "fate," in many key frames. You'll also find signs of destiny anywhere if you look hard enough.

Power Rating (Out of 5) and Comments: 3 It's a good movie to just entertain and I'll put it in the category of Hate that I Loved It. I don't think there is a ton of value in watching this movie for how it was filmed thematically or its plot, but Sonam Kapoor looks beautiful as always, and Bruna Abdalah playing a bimbo isn't so bad to look at either.



Here is a link to the movie on youtube that I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment